Spring is enjoyable for a couple reasons: flowers are blooming, you can open up windows for fresh air and your power bill is usually at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning to your furnace or air.
But as mercury begins to climb, so do your energy costs. Here are some ideas for saving energy in Hillsborough and keeping costs down.
1. Schedule Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and cut down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep utility costs less expensive.
If your HVAC equipment has had better days, spring is an excellent time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in modern cooling systems is a big benefit for keeping your utility bill down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on home comfort expenses. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Focusing on how to efficiently use your thermostat is the smartest way to reduce energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the smaller the difference between exterior temperatures and inside temperatures, the lower your air conditioning expense will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or shut it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty residence.
3. Try Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can take advantage of several other approaches to help keep your home comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise during the summer, which drives cool air upward. This disperses cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your house comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny areas.
4. Look Into Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you think about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and correct the temp when you’re not around to help you save money. You can also change the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These expert suggestions will all help keep summer energy bills low. If you conclude it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 908-448-2154 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the right solution for your space. And like always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.