With Earth Day right around the corner, you may be overwhelmed with ways to help “save the earth”. Well guess what? We’re here with a few ideas of our own, but for a good reason. Not only is a tankless water heater eco-friendly, it can lower your utility bills and outlast your ordinary tank heater. Truly! We gathered the top reasons you should invest in a tankless water heater.
- Refunds – Although the initial cost can seem a bit challenging, qualifying tankless water heaters come with a federal tax rebate of around $300.
- Constant Warmth – We’ve all felt it. The shocking pain of cold water pelting against your skin when the hot water runs out and you’re mid-lather. Well guess what? Tankless water heaters avoid that issue altogether because the hot water NEVER. RUNS. OUT.
- Lifespan – Tankless water heaters can last five to ten years longer than old, inefficient tank water heaters. So in addition to the government rebate, you don’t have to replace your tankless water heater as often, so you can save even more money.
- Efficiency –Tankless water heaters only require enough energy to heat the quantity of water you’re using, so they don’t waste energy heating water you’re not going to use. This magical tidbit can save you as much as 20% off your water heating statement. They also need less space since they can be mounted on walls (or outdoors so long as you have an anti-freeze kit) and smaller tankless water heaters can even be placed under cabinets or in closets.
- No Flooding – No tank, no tank to burst, no flooding. Although a leak is possible as with any plumbing appliance or device, tankless water heaters won’t flood or cause water damage the way 45 gallons of water standing by waiting to be used will.
- So Fresh, So Clean – Since tankless water heaters don’t hold water in a tank, you always have pure, clean water that isn’t kept in a tank, which could have accumulated rust and scale.
If all these fantastic reasons haven’t convinced you that a tankless water heater
is right for your home, call Fras-Air/General Service Experts today for a complimentary in-home analysis
. We want to make sure you decide on the best water heating system for your needs to we’ll explain your options, tell you all the facts, and be there when you’re ready to make a decision.