Planning regular AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Maintenance keeps your AC unit in Hillsborough working at its best performance while keeping energy needs down. It also can even help lengthen its life cycle.
While there are several jobs you can do by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Fras-Air/General Service Experts, for AC examinations and service.
Here are several steps you can do alone as you get ready for summer.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Scheduled
Spring is a time of rejuvenation, and to many that includes a hefty portion of house, garage and yard sprucing. With the hotter temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to include AC checkups on that list.
Spring is the best season to get your cooling equipment cleaned and examined. Delaying to flip it on until the first hot day of the season can be risky. If you have to have a fix or installation, you may be waiting days for an appointment. And that may get awfully unbearable.
And for people with allergies, being well prepared with a freshened air conditioning system will help ensure the finest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Plus, air conditioner service can be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Finish Maintenance Alone?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your cooling system in the ultimate condition:
- Replace your air filter advises each month or two. This is particularly important if you suffer from allergies or have a cat in your residence.
- Lawn upkeep around the exterior condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes by your air conditioning equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of open area. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have dropped into your unit, because this can block airflow.
Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
What’s left to do? If you call Fras-Air/General Service Experts at 908-448-2154, the primary thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already finished. Then our pros get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll examine your system and make sure it’s working properly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to ensure secure operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving components working like they should and potentially avoid problems.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-causing mold and clogs.
- Straightening coil fins to stay clear of limited airflow.
- Cleaning the outdoor coil to eliminate any buildup from dirt and vegetation.
- Checking controls to double check your unit is switching on, operating and turning off correctly.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to ensure your equipment has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find issues that need extra service, we are ready to provide you the most cost-effective option. Finding possible problems in a timely manner can solve more substantial issues later. This also gives you time to save if your unit is getting older.
When you need a modern air conditioner to help make your new equipment more affordable. Regardless of what your AC needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Ready to schedule your checkup? Call us at 908-448-2154 or schedule an appointment online right away.