Booking regular AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Maintenance keeps your AC equipment in Hillsborough working at its best performance while keeping energy needs small. It also can even help lengthen its life cycle.
While there are a couple things you can do by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Fras-Air/General Service Experts, for AC examinations and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can do alone as you prep for summer.
Get Your AC Maintenance Scheduled
Spring is a time of revival, and to many that includes a hefty portion of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the toastier temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to put AC service on that list.
Spring is the best season to get your cooling equipment cleaned and inspected. Delaying to switch it on until the first hot day of the summer can be risky. If you have to have a fix or installation, you might be waiting days for an appointment. And that may get awfully unpleasant.
And for those with allergies, being one step ahead with a fresh cooling system will help ensure the greatest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Plus, air conditioner upkeep can be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Complete Service Alone?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your cooling system in the prime condition:
- Replace your air filter. Filthy filters restrict airflow and could decrease your unit’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the type of filter you use, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is very important if you suffer from allergies or have a cat in your house.
- Lawn upkeep around the outdoor condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your cooling system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of free room. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have collected inside your unit, because this might block airflow.
Let the Pros Handle the Rest
What’s left to do? If you call Fras-Air/General Service Experts at 908-448-2154, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already finished. Then our pros get down to the nitty gritty. We’ll examine your system and make sure it’s operating properly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to ensure reliable operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving pieces working like they should and potentially avoid problems.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-causing mold and clogs.
- Straightening coil fins to stay clear of limited airflow.
- Cleaning the outdoor coil to eliminate any buildup from dust and vegetation.
- Checking controls to ensure your equipment is switching on, cooling and turning off correctly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to ensure your unit has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find issues that involve additional work, we are set to offer you the most economical option. Uncovering likely problems promptly can solve more substantial troubles later. This also gives you time to save if your equipment is getting older.
When you need a modern air conditioner, our Experts will work with you to pick the ideal unit for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment more affordable. No matter what your AC needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Ready to schedule your tune-up? Call us at 908-448-2154 or schedule an appointment online now.