There are a number of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Hillsborough. But, there’s also that long list of must-do’s before the cold weather arrives. Although the outdoor yard work and home touchups are likely at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor job you should consider taking on early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment arranged.
The experts at Fras-Air/General Service Experts recommend that furnace service and maintenance be completed at least annually so you can hopefully prevent a breakdown in the peak of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a great deal of benefits to getting it completed before the cold and crisp weather reaches Hillsborough, too. Take a look at some of the top perks of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make sure that your furnace runs at its peak efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating expenses.
- Ensures your furnace is in tip-top shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready for whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Hillsborough this year.
- Reduces the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to happen on a cold winter day is have your furnace stop working, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to identify potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to produce heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are critical to keeping your home safe through the cooler months.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to fulfill your warranty, so getting regular maintenance done can save you money if worse problems occur later.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a ton of additional benefits, and getting furnace service completed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the cold season and save you time later because you’re less likely to need more service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Fras-Air/General Service Experts are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Hillsborough, give us a call at 908-448-2154 or schedule an appointment with Fras-Air/General Service Experts through our online scheduler.