It’s frigid out there. Most of the country is layering up for some freezing temps. And while the Experts are always ready to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect exterior water faucets.
- Insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drop in indoor sinks and bathrooms by exterior walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up kitchen and bathroom cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those indoor heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you have vents shut in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not functional, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick inspection.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, Fras-Air/General Service Experts is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.