It’s cold out there. Most of the country is layering up for some freezing temperatures. And while the Experts are always ready to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect those exterior water fixtures.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor bathrooms and sinks by exterior walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, make sure you open them up.
- Space heaters can be a big help, but never leave them unattended and watch their runtimes.
- Last but not least, give those smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick check.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, Fras-Air/General Service Experts is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.