We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to outline common furnace and heating issues Hillsborough homeowners often call Fras-Air/General Service Experts about. Although there are quite possibly hundreds of reasons why your Hillsborough home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Below is a list of the top five complications that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat glitches causing no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Airflow problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace excessive heat or poor heating control
3. Flithy and clogged filters that cause airflow and comfort problems
4. Pilot light or furnace ignition issues, resulting in spotty or no heat
5. Inconsistent maintenance history may cause unexpected breakdowns, poor comfort or increased energy costs (not to mention homeowner frustration!)
Each of these common issues can be resolved by a professionally qualified, ACE-certified technician. Technicians from Fras-Air/General Service Experts can quickly detect the problem area and make the needed repairs. Purchasing a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could protect you from almost all heating problems that result in no heat or low comfort levels. When you get a tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they run correctly and at peak efficiency during the heating season. Critical items like Carbon Monoxide checks, adequate combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also primary elements to the tune-up process. Don’t forget – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age may pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, this is particularly the case if a ACE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment on a scheduled basis.
Contact Fras-Air/General Service Experts of Hillsborough at 908-448-2154 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.