No matter what the climate outside in Hillsborough, the temperature within your home dictates how comfortable it will be. Set it just right and your space will seem like a nice escape from the world. But if your heating and cooling system isn’t working the right way, you’ll notice. And it won’t be pleasant.
Take time for an in-depth look at the way you’re managing your HVAC equipment. It might make the difference between a strong system or a pathetic performer. Work through this brief quiz from Fras-Air/General Service Experts to figure out where you stand.
- Hotter days are not far away in Hillsborough. How do you prepare your system?
- Change out the HVAC filter and spruce up the vents. Then it’s finished.
- Schedule an appointment with the pros for a seasonal tune-up.
- Nothing at all. It should be fine.
- You’re hosting a party on a especially warm night, but the AC isn’t doing anything. What do you do?
- Advise my visitors to bring icy beverages.
- Organize an emergency repair to get it working before anyone arrives.
- Start my fans and hope for a nice breeze.
- Your current HVAC is maturing. What’s your plan when it’s time for it to retire?
- Allow my contractor to choose and bankroll it with a credit card.
- Get rid of worries and costs by signing up for a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Buy the most expensive system currently available in Hillsborough.
- When you open your next monthly energy bill, what do you expect you’ll find?
- It will cost more. My HVAC bills have increased quite a bit.
- It will be comparable to the charges for the same month last year.
- I can’t be sure until I open it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are stunning.
- Your heating and cooling system is making a strange noise. What do you do first?
- Dig out my toolbox and spend a weekend struggling to fix it.
- Get a skilled technician to examine it.
- Ignore it and pray it goes away.
Now add up your results. If you answered mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are on the money. You’re taking care of your equipment and you prepared a plan for the future. But if you answered any of these problems with As or Cs, you can make a few changes to help your HVAC perform more efficiently. Read on to discover how.
New HVAC Habits to Help Protect Your Home
Book Seasonal Maintenance While changing your air filter and dusting your vents are important tasks to ready your equipment for a different season, a professional maintenance appointment is necessary to wrap up the process. During a seasonal visit, your professional technician will complete a series of tasks that boost the energy efficiency technician will keep an eye out for more urgent complications for your home. That could save you an expensive breakdown later down the road.
Select a home comfort company that offers emergency repairs. Even precisely maintained heating and cooling systems can have complications periodically. And it always seems to happen at the most inconvenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can fix the headache and trouble. The Service Experts Advantage Program provides that vital service to homes at no extra cost.
Create a plan for your HVAC system transition. Some home comfort systems can operate for 10 to 15 years, but they aren’t able to last forever. Create an idea of what you want now to bypass last-minute pressure when your equipment takes its final bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be of assistance. It provides you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front costs. Even better, the program includes free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy expenses and call us when they dramatically change. Your energy bills can tell you more than your monthly charges. If you’re noticing a steady climb in your charges but no variation in home comfort, something is definitely going on with your HVAC. An updated high-efficiency system can give you peace of mind with more reliable energy usage—and that means fewer unknown amounts on your bill.
Call in the pros when you detect an odd noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than bothersome. It is telling you something is wrong with your machinery. Even if it’s a seemingly small trouble, left alone it could make for a high-priced repair in the future. Don’t try to correct it yourself. Leave it to the Experts to diagnose and set it right.
Your HVAC can cost you quite a lot when you don’t treat it right. If you work with these tips, you could save time, money and irritation. And if your system just isn’t keeping up anymore, think about choosing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you an updated energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To find out more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!