How Do You Check for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a multitude of fumes that could be within your Hillsborough house. Natural gas and fumes that originate from home furnishings, carpeting and paints. Not a one of these gases are as hazardous as carbon monoxide.

Reach Fras-Air/General Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 908-448-2154 now to get started defending your loved ones against this harmful gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Dangerous?

Carbon monoxide could be a major concern, so it’s not something to take lightly.

1. You Can’t Smell It

Carbon monoxide is deadly because you aren’t able to observe it, detect it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It’s nonirritating in small doses and can’t be filtrated.

2. It Can Be Lethal in Just a Few Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a result of spent fuel. It can leak into your house during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace fails. Based on how large the leak is and the ventilation in a home, the gas could become deadly in within minutes.

Once inhaled, the gas has a half-life of around five hours. If you are taking in clean air, it will take five hours to get it out of your system. It requires another five hours to cut that concentration by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Mirror Other Illnesses

It can also cause symptoms that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.

How to Guard Your Residence from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no justification to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are some steps you can take to keep your home safe:

  1. Your residence with at least one gas furnace, connected garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide system. You need to have a detector on all levels of your house, in addition to the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of all bedrooms. Don’t have a carbon monoxide system in your home?
    Call Fras-Air/General Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 908-448-2154 to purchase one. Ask our technicians about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
  2. If you currently own a carbon monoxide system, regularly check or swap out the batteries. You should check batteries every three months, and buy a new detector every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide detector alerts you to danger, exit your home right away and call 911.

Protect Your Family with Support from Fras-Air/General Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the right precautions your home can be guarded from the hazardous gas. Make the proper changes and call Fras-Air/General Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 908-448-2154 to learn more.


Our Health and Safety Commitment
At Service Experts, our top priority is always the health and safety of our customers and team. We are following all COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public safety guidelines and adjusting our business practices as needed to ensure customer and employee wellbeing. As a precautionary measure, anyone working on behalf of Service Experts – including our technicians – is being asked to stay home for the recommended 14 day quarantine period if they are returning from out-of-country, have been exposed to a presumptive or confirmed case, or are feeling unwell. We are providing our technicians and other field employees with additional health and safety guidance to assist in keeping our customers and employees safe. Please be prepared to answer brief health and safety questions with our representative. We will continue to monitor the situation and will adjust our business practices as required. We recognize that this may be a particularly stressful time and want you to know that, we are committed to serving you and making your experience as easy as possible.