Imagine it’s a scorching hot summer day, and your air conditioner suddenly goes out. You call around for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps getting hotter and hotter while you wait for a technician to arrive. Talk about a nightmare!
Properly timed air conditioner maintenance is an essential tool in preventing this situation. But what are the signs that it’s time for preventive service? And, is it really worth arranging an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t appear to have any problems at all? Find out why taking a proactive approach is the secret to keeping you and your AC unit cool and comfortable.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner functioning efficiently, HVAC Experts highly recommend servicing it a minimum of once per year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit remains in optimal condition, protecting against potential issues and increasing its life span.
As for when to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the ideal time of year. This allows you to fix growing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your system runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring is already in the rearview mirror, and you didn't have time to schedule AC service, don’t wait until next year. When it comes to increasing cooling abilities in your AC unit with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Involve?
An air conditioning tune-up is a detailed process involving various steps. This is why DIY servicing is not advisable. Here are some key aspects of the work performed during a routine service call:
- Careful inspection: The technician looks over your AC unit for potential problems53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other hardware to make sure that your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to reduce friction and protect against wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to support safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Changing the filter improves air quality and helps the unit run more efficiently. HVAC professionals suggest doing this yourself every couple of months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your service Expert will run a test cycle to make sure the system starts, operates and shuts down the way it should.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many individuals wonder if routine maintenance is worth the effort. The fact is, scheduled air conditioner tune-ups encourage better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit needs less energy to keep your home cool, resulting in lower utility expenses and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s much easier to spot potential issues early when a technician diligently inspects your cooling system every spring. An easy repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid pricey and inconvenient breakdowns later in the season.
- Increased air quality: A clean air conditioning system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car run longer, regular AC service extends the life of your air conditioner, saving you on untimely replacement bills.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Air conditioning maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should consider it an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility charges, complicated and expensive repairs or the expense of having to buy a new AC when your unit should have many more years of operation left in it.
To maximize your savings, think about enrolling in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll lower the risk of breakdowns and enhance energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and price range. You’ll enjoy several benefits no matter which one you choose, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans include once-a-year AC tune-ups, ensuring your system stays in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when scheduling appointments, even during the highest call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, as well as additional discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your assurance, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for a year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Clearly, routine AC maintenance is very important for enhancing performance and providing home comfort. Schedule a yearly visit, if at all possible in the spring, to avoid breakdowns and savor numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts has long been the top choice, with qualified Experts, complete maintenance plans and a laser-sharp focus on customer satisfaction. Trust your air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your residence cool and comfortable during even the hottest months. To learn more or arrange your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.