Building a new home? Upgrading your current equipment? Whatever the reason why you’re in the market for an air conditioner, you could quickly realize you have more alternatives than you initially thought. Go through this info to help you weigh four different types so you can find the ideal air conditioner in Hillsborough.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what many people call to mind when they picture air conditioning for the full home. Central air conditioning moves air to every room using a system of ducts and registers.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You currently have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re seeking quiet, convenient cooling.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps work just like central air conditioners. A lot of models can also offer heat in cold weather.
This might be right for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- Your home is in a location with mild weather during the winter.
- You’re looking for one piece of equipment for full-year heating and cooling, in lieu of a regular furnace and air conditioner.
- Your residence doesn’t utilize (or you don’t need) natural or propane gas.
- You’re seeking quiet, energy-efficient heating and cooling.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground below your feet remains at a stable 55 degrees throughout the year. A geothermal heat pump takes advantage of this ongoing supply of energy with underground loops for excellent heating and cooling efficiency.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your home utilizes ductwork.
- You’re looking for a lone piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have ample land around your residence for the subterranean loops.
This is another kind of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit connects to an inside blower unit mounted to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows secure.
This could be right for you if:
- Your residence, or a recent expansion to it, doesn’t come with ductwork.
- You want an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling separate areas.
- You want to add zoning to your home.
Not sure which style of air conditioner you should purchase? Turn to the Experts at Fras-Air/General Service Experts for anything air conditioning! We can discuss your options and help you choose the best one for your needs. Please contact us at 908-448-2154 to book an air conditioning replacement estimate today.