Building a new home? Upgrading your present unit? Whatever the reason why you’re in the market for an air conditioner, you might shortly realize you have more alternatives than you initially thought. Go through this information to help you measure four different types so you can find the best air conditioner in Hillsborough.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what many people bring to mind when they picture air conditioning for the full residence. Central air conditioning moves air to every room using a system of ducts and registers.
This might be great for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You presently have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re seeking quiet, convenient cooling.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In warm weather, heat pumps work just like central air conditioners. A lot of models can also offer heat in cold weather.
This might be right for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- Your home is in an area with mild weather during the winter.
- You’re seeking one piece of equipment for full-year heating and cooling, in lieu of a regular furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t utilize (or you don’t desire) natural or propane gas.
- You’re looking for quiet, energy-efficient home comfort.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground below your feet remains at a stable 55 degrees throughout the year. A geothermal heat pump taps into this ongoing well of energy with underground loops for fantastic heating and cooling efficiency.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your home utilizes ductwork.
- You desire one piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have adequate land around your house for the buried loops.
This is another style of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit connects to an inside blower unit mounted to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t need any ductwork and keeps your windows secure.
This could be right for you if:
- Your residence, or a new add-on to it, doesn’t come with ductwork.
- You want an energy-efficient solution for heating and cooling separate areas.
- You want to add zoning to your home.
Don’t know which style of air conditioner you should purchase? Turn to the Experts at Fras-Air/General Service Experts for everything air conditioning! We can discuss your options and help you choose the best one for your needs. Please contact us at 908-448-2154 to book an air conditioning replacement estimate today.