Summer is typically a hectic time of year for many families in Hillsborough. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any number of other fun activities, summer not only brings about full schedules, but that dreaded Hillsborough heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Hillsborough heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give Fras-Air/General Service Experts a call at 908-448-2154 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can ensure that your air conditioner is operating at its best in the Hillsborough heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a short break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't think thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a few moments to rest as it may also be an early indicator of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when scheduling outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Hillsborough temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than typical. It can help you cool down a little quicker so you can get back to reveling in your home’s air conditioning.