Air conditioners don’t last forever, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Hillsborough, you could be considering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some things to think about, plus the advantages of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How long have you had your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can usually delay it.
- What type of air conditioner are you buying? Many homeowners are getting rid of their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This saves energy and increases comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to realize the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the right amount of air to keep your home the right temperature. A modern air conditioner might require a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Fras-Air/General Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and provide the correct advice.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your pocketbook if you get new components together.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are correctly sized, there aren’t typically any big short-term consequences. A mismatched setup is frequently a stopgap until the other system fails. You can avoid the short-term fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these perks:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything runs at the best efficiency, making your residence more comfortable and reducing your long-term energy costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you replace your air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both installed at once. And you might even be eligible for a special deal because you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Fras-Air/General Service Experts. We realize the price of replacing your total system might worry you, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and just one small monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are included!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 908-448-2154 to book an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.