Air conditioners don’t last forever, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Hillsborough, you could be considering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some things to think about, plus the advantages of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can usually wait.
- What type of air conditioner are you installing? Many homeowners are getting rid of their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This saves energy and increases comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the right amount of air to keep your home comfy. A modern air conditioner could require a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Fras-Air/General Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and provide the proper advice.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you get new components together.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are adequately sized, there aren’t often any large short-term drawbacks. A mismatched setup is frequently a stopgap until the other system fails. You can circumvent the short-term repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these perks:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything works at the best efficiency, making your family more comfortable and reducing your long-term energy costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. Meanwhile, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for a new furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both installed at once. And you might even qualify for a special deal because you’re buying new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Fras-Air/General Service Experts. We realize the expense of replacing your total system can concern you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and just one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are included!*
You can relax knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 908-448-2154 to book an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.