When you use the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you expect clean, safe water to flow out. But even if your water appears clear, it may still contain toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and safety. A lot of people don't like the taste of polluted tap water and grasp the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have safe drinking water at home.
If you want to ensure your family’s health, you might first opt for going the bottled water plan. Unfortunately, this gets costly fast. Plus, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up polluting the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-effective and healthier for the environment than buying bottled water. It can also supply healthier water much more easily because you can get it right from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, allowing you to make the most of the benefits anywhere you use water in your home.
Before installing a whole-house water filter, learn about what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate harmful contaminants. Then, choose Fras-Air/General Service Experts to help you pick out and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality fluctuates by location, but several of the most common contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your water supply by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that lawful water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Consider Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter filters out dirt, debris and hazardous chemicals from your tap, supplying you and your family with safe, clean water to enjoy. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of sediment in your drinking water. Composed of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and can accumulate in the water main after severe storms. While largely harmless, sediment can make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax offers sediment filtration to remove solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in dense cities. However, this disinfectant creates harmful chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. A few DPBs, including trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Providing safe tap water is the objective of installing any water filtration equipment. Besides being safer for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine flavor. No more murky water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water for every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and adhere to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that safe, clean water doesn’t have to bring steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s structure, you could need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor includes both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Fras-Air/General Service Experts, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, like the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to decrease water hardness, filter out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, simple and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Fras-Air/General Service Experts office for help picking out a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.