Your heating and cooling system is the key to home comfort and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, controlling the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Many homeowners take these features for granted until they're suddenly left without them. If your AC has ever stopped working on a blistering summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with last minute repairs, a spike in energy bills or home comfort problems. What if there was a way to maintain a continuous source of clean, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like getting an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should think about signing up for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and a trusted HVAC contractor. Membership takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled service calls and other advantages. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to schedule tune-ups with Fras-Air/General Service Experts, but we highly endorse signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so it’s easy to forget about scheduling furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so important, take a look at these benefits:
- Uncover small problems early on: Issues with your HVAC equipment tend to develop slowly. When a technician examines the internal components once a year, it’s possible to locate and resolve small problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of breakdowns: By fixing that loose fan belt and stabilizing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the risk of a sudden breakdown decreases.
- Saving on repair costs: Scheduled HVAC maintenance is an affordable, foreseeable cost that reduces the need for many major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that once-a-year maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills at the same time.
- Boost home comfort: When your HVAC system performs the way it should, airflow improves for even temperatures and more balanced humidity in your home.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can live years longer than a neglected one, saving you on early replacement expenses.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety assessment during every visit delivers peace of mind that your home comfort system is working as intended.
- Adhere to your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers prioritize preventive maintenance so much that they require once-a-year tune-ups to keep your warranty active. Investing a little in maintenance now safeguards you from expensive repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can often count on same-day service—even on nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your heating and cooling system? An HVAC agreement allows access to the fastest installs feasible, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Marked Down Repairs and Services
Routine maintenance lowers the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some attention, having an HVAC maintenance contract entitles you to a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Heating and cooling repairs are in some cases unavoidable, but they can get pricey fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC agreement, you’ll never pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has completed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you unhappy, the technician will return to set things right.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Fras-Air/General Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan features and get in touch with our staff to help you choose the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to respond to any questions you have before enrolling. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to request a tune-up, please contact your local Fras-Air/General Service Experts office today.