Using a carbon monoxide detector in a central location is the smartest way to alert you of this dangerous gas. Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless and is fatal in big concentrations.
A carbon monoxide detector works like a smoke alarm. It screens the air and sounds an alarm if carbon monoxide concentration is increasing. Preferrably, you should use at least one detector close to each living area, or on all floors in your home. These detectors are best used in combination with our HVAC maintenance memberships, which keep your equipment in the best status and might help you avoid carbon monoxide in Hillsborough.