Stopping it from happening is the most critical step. Doing proper safety precautions will decrease your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Hillsborough.
Here are several steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Heat up your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours on in the confined space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heaters. These appliances are safe when run properly but can produce carbon monoxide when run for a long period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a pro. This confirms chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected correctly.
- Verify gas appliances are running properly, especially your heating system. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by scheduling routine furnace maintenance with Fras-Air/General Service Experts.