Preventing it from happening is the most critical step. Doing proper safety precautions will decrease your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Hillsborough.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Heat up your car away from your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours on in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heaters. These appliances are safe when operated properly but can produce carbon monoxide when on for a long period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a specialist. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected correctly.
- Check gas appliances are running properly, particularly your heating system. You can ensure efficient, safe comfort by scheduling routine furnace maintenance with Fras-Air/General Service Experts.