Carbon monoxide (CO) is a clear, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s produced by incomplete fuel combustion usually caused by insufficient oxygen. In your home, appliances that use natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are at risk. Especially if they are not running accurately or have been installed incorrectly.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as fireplaces that aren’t working right may also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is toxic to the body and is deadly at increased levels or with long exposure.