Expert Oil Furnace Repair in Hillsborough
Furnace refusing to start? Reset button keeps tripping? If your fuel oil furnace is leaving you frustrated and cold in Hillsborough, the Experts at Fras-Air/General Service Experts can help.
Sometimes, you can fix issues with your oil-burning furnace on your own. There are several things you can check before calling us for heating repair.
Common Oil Heating System Problems
- Furnace won’t start. The thermostat setting may be wrong. Ensure that it’s set to “auto” and “heat.”
- Reset button keeps tripping. This safety feature stops your furnace when it detects a problem. Make sure there’s fuel in the oil tank, the valves are open and the chimney is unobstructed. Once you’ve checked those areas, only press the reset button once. Pressing it several times could cause fuel oil to accumulate and cause a fire once the furnace begins heating.
- Inadequate heat. The oil or air filters could be clogged and need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Excess noise. If you hear clattering, tighten access panels. Squealing means there’s an issue with the belt or blower motor. If these components have oiling ports, put a few drops of electric motor oil on them after shutting down your furnace.
Other times, you’ll need one of our professional service technicians. Call Fras-Air/General Service Experts for oil furnace repair service when:
- Pushing the reset button doesn’t start the furnace, even when there’s fuel in the tank and valves are open
- You hear knocking sounds, which likely means there’s air in the fuel lines
- Oil lines are leaking
- Soot can be observed in the burner chamber
- Burner runs but does not fire
- Other troubleshooting suggestions don’t fix the problem
100% Satisfaction Guarantee* Backs Our Repairs
Fras-Air/General Service Experts can take care of the problem when your oil furnace won’t start.
Our professionals have gone through thorough testing to earn the highest HVAC standard, ACE certification. They are ready to handle most any heating repair. And all our work is backed by a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.*
Periodic maintenance can help you avoid furnace breakdowns. Once we get your furnace operating, Fras-Air/General Service Experts technicians can go over a membership plan that could decrease expensive repairs and make your furnace run more efficiently. A more efficient furnace could help you save money on heating expenses.