End Expensive Water Leaks in Your Hillsborough Home
An ordinary home loses 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water each year as a result of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters are easy to locate. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or split water supply lines can go undiscovered for years.
A water leak can be expensive. You’re paying for surplus water you’re not using, and leaks can be destructive to your home.
That’s why it’s important to locate and stop the smallest leak.
Fras-Air/General Service Experts is here to help you accomplish just that. We have the expertise for professional leak detection and water line repair in Hillsborough.
6 Signs You May Have a Plumbing Leak
Pinpointing and fixing leaks are the most popular calls we receive for plumbing services. Finding a leak ASAP can help you avoid pricey water damage. Some leaks can be more difficult to pinpoint than others, but there are a couple telltale clues that you need to get in touch with a plumber in Hillsborough. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is higher than expected.
- Your pipes often make thumping sounds.
- There are reddish stains in your sink, or your water is rust colored.
- Floors or walls feel moist or soft.
- You notice water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s moist soil or erosion close to your residence’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you believe you have a leak but can’t find the signs, check your water meter:
- Ensure no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Examine the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is typically a triangular dial or tiny silver disc. If the dial is turning, you probably have a leak.
We can find the origin of the leak and get it repaired before you spend more money or by chance damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the places water is used in your home, there are many spots you could find a leak.
Leaks can be started by cracked seals around water connectors, corroded pipes, blockages and more.
They usually occur:
- On water supply lines and connections under the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, particularly kinds that are growing old
- In hot- and cold-water hoses plugged into your washing machine
If you see proof of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we endorse all of our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Call us at 908-448-2154 or schedule an appointment online.