Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Hillsborough
You might not think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you expect it’s running like it should so your Hillsborough basement doesn’t flood.
Sump pumps can quit draining for a couple of numerous reasons.
We’ve seen it all. If your pump isn’t running correctly, call the Experts at Fras-Air/General Service Experts to determine the problem.
We’ll take a look at your pump during our visit and give you preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t quit when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease running for a couple of different reasons:
- Power loss
- Lack of maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch issues
- Frosted over or clogged discharge lines
- Age (average life span is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to verify your sump pump is set up for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in acceptable shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in anticipation of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is straight and not tilting to one side, since this can lead the pump to not run when needed.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, dump a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and pulls out the water rapidly.
- During arid weather, take out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Check the discharge pipe’s vent hole is free of obstructions.
Trust Fras-Air/General Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a type of security to defend your home from water damage, depend on the professionals at Fras-Air/General Service Experts to verify yours is effective.
We’ve got the skill—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 908-448-2154 or request an appointment online.