Your sump pump is one of those things you may not remember until you need it—then you cross your fingers it’s working as it should. The good news is that the specialists at Fras-Air/General Service Experts are here to help whether you need new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Hillsborough home.
Sump pumps can fail for a few of different reasons and we’ve likely experienced it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting strange, give Fras-Air/General Service Experts a call to come and explore your issue.
During our visit, we can provide you with various preventive maintenance tips to help certify your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or actually, quite the reverse) when you need it most. Our experts will examine your sump pump for correct operation and if we see any sign of a possible mishap, we’ll alert you immediately and discuss your options.
It is crucial to note there are several simple things that you can do to make sure you have your sump pump set up for efficiency:
- Make sure the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is upright and not falling to one side because it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it’s been some time since your sump pump has operated, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can attract small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is unclogged.
Because your sump pump is really a type of insurance to protect your house and your belongings from what can be devastating water damage, look to the experts at Fras-Air/General Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 908-448-2154
or request an appointment online.